1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

aerators which one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Mar 22, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys im looking to get a new aerator this season.i have been looking at the turfco which i feel there equipment is high priced.i also looked at a classen,blue bird and a billy goat model.i would like to hear what you guys are using to help me out with picking one out.also prices would be helpful.thanks guys for helping

2. double e

double e LawnSite Member

might want to look into Ryan- Though I never used, I see them everywhere

3. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I cut a 6 ft log and put a bunch of nails in it. I pull it behind my riding craftsman. Best two dollars i ever spent.:D

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I think Husqvarna sells them to. However I think they are just Blue Birds painted orange.

5. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

not even close to the same thing.

6. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

the greensair is much easier to use (and much more expensive) than the more common roller type lawnair IV that is a mother of a workout to run.

7. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I demo'd and purchased a "PLUGR" model yesterday. By far, this is the easiest handling machine we have used. It is 30" wide with a Honda motor.

Consider it! I was very impressed

8. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

The new Billygoats are excellent

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 Bluebirds (a WB and a towable) right now. Next investment will be a Plug'r for sure.

10. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

We are ordering a Plugr first thing in the morning if 65hoss will give me Dees number.