1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

aerators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Feb 22, 2002.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

ok guys I know this subject has come up alot on here, also I did a search with no luck in one place. I just got 10 aerating accts on some of my full service customers, my question is I am looking to buy a used aerator. Which one, claussen, bluebird, ryan or snapper? Each lawn is approx.3000ft2. I can buy a used one ( any of the four brands ) for about 450.00 from a local rental yard about 4 years old. Is this a fair price and which would you choose and why? Thanks in advance for all the good info.

Ramirez Landscaping Co.:confused: :cool: :confused:

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

3. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

If you read my post correctly I said I couldnt find it in one place. There are a lot of posts on the subject but they all contadict each other. I was looking for one post with all the replys in one place on the subject.

4. RYAN has been a good one for us tough well built machines.
    450 sounds like a good deal if it aint to beat up.
    A new ryan drum type costs 1700-1800 new.

5. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Thanks Odin

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Scottie, Chill out with the search interigations!!! If every was to do searches LS would come to an end!

7. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

"Pull over poster,you have been busted for not searching in a search zone"Officer Scottie Search Police.:D

copy (2) of copcarside.gif

8. Maybe it has to do with these numbers;

stslawncare

Dude for $450 for an aerator what are you doing here typing and not at the place handing over that $450 for the aerator?

Think twice or blink and .............................................GONE!!!!

Tell me where I will buy them all running or not for $450 each.

Sell em back to you for $1500 each

Any of the four brand why choose they all work...... right. Object put holes in the ground.