Lawn Care Forum banner

Aero8tor sulkey/aerator

12K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  mexicanbob 
#1 ·
A friend of mine invented this thing and I'm curious as to what other professionals think about it. It hasn't really hit the market yet but for his sake, I hope it sells! Thanks for looking at it. www.aero8tor.com

#8 ·
I wouldn't buy one of these.
Looks like a Rough Ride, not enough holes, have to go over the yard AT LEAST 2-3 times. Idk how well it would penetrate.
I'll just stick to our Ryan Lawnaire 28's & saving up for a Ryan Lawnaire ZTS!

#10 ·
Don't know how well it would penetrate?
It's got the operators weight for down pressure and would work as well as any trailer type aerator, your Ryan doesn't have 200 plus pounds of direct down pressure and would cost many more times what this will.
So what if you have to go over it several times, it's four times faster than the walk behind and many times cheaper than a ride on unit.

#9 ·
28 tines. 7 spindles. 30" working width. The tines are off set to provide a more even roll and smoother ride. This is as comfortable as your typical sulky without the wiggle. It was invented by 2 guys with combined 45 years experience in lawncare looking to increase their profitability during seeding season. And it worked! Oh, and for about 1/4 the price of those other products.

#12 ·
To each their own opinion, but our Lawnaire 28 does a really good job on plugs per square ft, & penetration, With it being reciprocal instead of Drum type Aerator like this product.
This product just looks like a homeowner version you can buy at lowes that doesn't do much good.

#13 ·
To each their own opinion, but our Lawnaire 28 does a really good job on plugs per square ft, & penetration, With it being reciprocal instead of Drum type Aerator like this product.
This product just looks like a homeowner version you can buy at lowes that doesn't do much good.
You're clearly not aerating large yards, the production of your machine is very low compared to a trailer type machine.
Let's aerate a soccer field and see which one will do better

#20 ·
I charge a $99 minimum for a postage stamp and then a sliding scale but for a couple examples to give you an idea is $199 for a half acre, $299 an acre and each additional acre $189. Gives you a good idea of the prices for in between that and I get them all day long. $16 per 1k to overseed. Double your mow charge is just RIDICULOUS! Have fun losing money if you do price them that way.

I use an Exmark ride on and a plugr walk behind reciprocating for small areas that I rarely need to use. They never let you down pulling great plugs and people know they hired a professional when they see the equipment and the results it provides. I get more referrals for aeration than I do for anything else. Show up to one of my customers with one of those things on a walk behind and see the reaction you get and referrals. It just cheesy and the exmark can put down 1200lbs of pressure if needed. You will run into yards I guarantee that will not even pull a half inch plug on. Sometimes I can get through with 300 lbs of pressure on some yards, then others need to be cranked way up. Every situation is different.

Not to say aerators on mowers are all bad. I have seen a walker do some decent plugs and a steiner with hydraulic pressure also pull unbelievable plugs. But really riding on it like a sulky good luck when you hit a big root or rock underground. No respectable company will ever use them that is a lawsuit/workmans comp claim waiting to happen. There is no way would I risk my health on one to just make a quick buck and never see another penny from those clients for aeration. Let alone their friend and family.

#26 ·
1 30 minutes accounts for non billable time. Drive cleaning load unload.
2 your chasing this business advertising etc. I only add on to existing customers. So again your cost differs.
3 aeration is part of the up sale as is seed fert lime flagging dethatching.
4 I don't work at McDonald's.
5 you do come off as an a hole. But I probably do too.
i don't see the point in charging top dollar to an existing customer, especially when the work will do nothing but enhance the customers lawn, my reputation, and comes the referrals as neighborhood see results.
which is exactly what happened. Not saying I know it all or my way or highway, but don't bash what works for me bc it won't for you.
And all this because I said to charge double the mow price AT LEAST.

#27 ·
I meet this guy in Brentwood , and stopped to talk to him , he was working out with this device and he was flying wide open , 7 mph ? Anyway it was throwing the plugs out the back , and they were laying all over the top of the ground so I was impressed . He said I would be able to pick one up soon , just was coming out on the market when I spoke to him . I lost his name and number , I'd like to pick one up , where do you get them ? And has anybody else bought one that can tell me there experience . It was all heavy grade steel , I used too weld for a living 30 years ago , so I still look at welds and gauge of steel , looked over built to me , but I'd still like to hear from someone who has put it thru the paces . Thanks ahead of time , I'll check back later .... mexican bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.