1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket oil filter for Kohler 26 EFI on Walker

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Edgewater, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has any after market numbers for these. Any brands will help and then I can cross reference.

Thanks

2. Tech man

Tech man LawnSite Member

Whats wrong with genuine Kohler filters?

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

saving a buck

4. Edgewater

I like to be able to go to the auto parts and get all my filters trucks included.

Not to mention that we save $3 each if we use a brand like FRAM. That adds up over a season for 5 machines.

5. TURF DOCTOR

i use advance auto purlater filters take your filter in the should help.

6. TURF DOCTOR

25 kohler here advance- L10241

7. Tech man

Tech man LawnSite Member

Heres some stats for you,

Last year in our shop we did 32 engine replacments

15 of them were Kohler engines

7 of the kohlers had after market filters

4 kohlers had hydraulic filters on them.

4 were legitimate warranty claims

Why is it so hard to spend a couple of bucks extra to take care of your equipment? After all thats whats making you money, right?

8. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Your Local Napa can cross-ref for you, the napa gold filters are made by Wix. Napa will sell at case prices.

9. Edgewater

So you guys that are singing the Kohler filter bit always go to the dealer to get filters and similar parts for your trucks :rolleyes:

10. Tech man

Tech man LawnSite Member

God forbid you use the parts specifically manufactured for for your equipment. Remember you get what you pay for.

and to answer you question, I use only genuine GM parts for my truck. 175,000 miles and I will probably get at least another 75,000. Why? because I use genuine GM parts.

Why do you think after market parts are cheaper? Its not because they their labor is cheaper , they use inferior materials that are more likely to fail.Its like buying tools. you can get a 3/8th ratchet for 3.99 at walmart, or you can spend 60-150 for a craftsman or snap-on with a lifetime guarantee. You get what you pay for.