1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermath of a bid

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by FitzRightMowingService, Apr 6, 2020.

1. FitzRightMowingService

FitzRightMowingService LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't come up with a better title.

I put a bid in to do a spring clean up which included trimming back perennials, add mulch to 10 trees after redefing and live edging some and cutting away low hanging branches on all of the trees. I also had to lay weed barrier as well as clear gravel rock from 4 of the trees.

I will post what I quoted it for when the job is done, I quoted it for two days so tomorrow I go back to finish the job.

What would your bid have been?

Here are a few pics

20200325_164505.jpg
    20200325_164723.jpg 20200325_164512.jpg
    20200325_164544.jpg
    20200325_164743.jpg

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Silver Member

Why are you posting this? Are you uncomfortable with your bid?

3. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It’s literally impossible to give you an accurate answer from what you gave us. I mean maybe for the trimming but what’s that like $100... If you told me how much mulch was used, how much rock, and how many sqft of fabric was installed I may be able to help

Cam15 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

2 yards of mulch as for the rocks i had to remove river rocks from around 4 trees and small boulders from 3 trees it was not n install of rocks. I did not measure sq ft for the fabric...however I'm using 5 50" rolls I was just winging it.

I know that my question is a bit confusing with out all the. Details I just trying something out.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  5. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

Nope. I was very happy with it actually. .I had a thought and I wanted to share it. Everyone usually ask for help bidding so I wanted to see what people would bid even though I already got the job.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Aftermath means there’s some broad negative outcome from a terrible thing.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. Toro44

Toro44 LawnSite Member

The real question is...why are you putting fabric under mulch?

Cam15, knox gsl and UniqueLandscapes1 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

There was no mulch I installed mulch

9. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

Finished the job today it took me 2 days and 2 hours to complete. I ran into roots from a few of the trees so I had to edge a little further out. All in all it was a good learning experience I actually did my very first hardscaping project around 2 of the trees.

I gave the client to different quotes, she decided to offer me option 3 which was 1 & 2 combined the total was $1200.00. This was the biggest job that I have had to do entering my third season.
    20200408_154253.jpg 20200408_154354.jpg 20200408_154115.jpg

TrainingWheels and Cam15 like this.
  10. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Cool, looks good, and glad you made money.
    Btw- I don’t see any “hardscape”job there, but I do see large river stone for a border..Thumbs Up
    Edit: was a tree there in front of the birches? I see an up sell in that pic