Lawn Care Forum banner
121 - 140 of 311 Posts
what I was trying to say by asking your business name was do you have like a web sight ?, also how much did you pay for the 8' 6'' hd plow and how much was the extreme v ? also how much did you pay for the 48'' viking and turf tracer ?

Discussion starter · #122 ·
what I was trying to say by asking your business name was do you have like a web sight ?, also how much did you pay for the 8' 6'' hd plow and how much was the extreme v ? also how much did you pay for the 48'' viking and turf tracer ?
No I do not have a functioning website yet. That will be a winter project for me. I dont not recall what I paid for the 8.5 hd plow, but the xtreme v was $5700. the viking ran like 5g's and the turf tracer I got used for $4300.

good deal dude, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on either a 52'' turf tracer or a 52'' vantage. I also may want a 36'' or 32'' ex-mark viking to replace my crappy encore 36'' belt drive, even though this mower is a hunk of junk it's still helped me grow my business. I'll be sure to get a price on the 8' 6'' hd when I go to look next time.

Havent look at anything else except a leaf loader.
I'd go 22hp+. After doing close to 1000yds of leaves just last year I will never, ever run anything smaller. Mount it on a nice 6x12 open trailer (or smaller) and tow the enclosed with the pickup!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd go 22hp+. After doing close to 1000yds of leaves just last year I will never, ever run anything smaller. Mount it on a nice 6x12 open trailer (or smaller) and tow the enclosed with the pickup!
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm also debating weather I should let the 18 hp billy-goat sell and then get a 25 hp billy-goat on order. I think their factory is less than a hour away from my house.

love the trucks and trailer, i have the same weed wacker rack and its great, i have to say, you have one of the nicest landscape rigs that ive ever seen.

Discussion starter · #132 ·
so what brand or model are you stuck on ?
Im looking at little wonder, fradan, and billy goat.

love the trucks and trailer, i have the same weed wacker rack and its great, i have to say, you have one of the nicest landscape rigs that ive ever seen.
Yea that xtreme trimmer racks are awesome, one of the best purchases I made. Thank you very much for the compliment!!

Xclusiv, Where did you pick up that trailer? im from Clifton and trying to get into the buisness ad cant find a decent place to buy a trailer, Thanks

this will be a great help in my venture, i turn 17 in march and will proboly be starting a small company for now, i plan to do snow removal as well, Im basicly starting from scrach and am just now looking at used equipment, theres a guy in wayne who is selling out his equipment and once i can pin the $ down ill proboly just get his whole lot of equipment, One question i have is do you think a 5x8 Trailer is to small, it open and only single axle, its my dads for going to the garden center, i think its alittle small even to start, i was thinking a 8x12 or 16 with a basket up front. ant suggestions?

Discussion starter · #138 ·
Yes I think that is too small, but if thats all you got then use it til you can get something bigger. You might be able to find a good deal on a trailer on craigslist. My suggestion to you before you go out and purchase equipment make sure you have enough clientele to support it.

I have Afew that i do neibor wise and have been thalking to people who said they are looking for someone, so thats what i have to work with, i saw a trailer on cl it was a 6x12 and it was made for a landscaper, he wants 1600 but its only been posted a few days ill wait and bring cash and try to get it for cheaper, thanksfor the advice, also do any of you guys plow during the winter?

121 - 140 of 311 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.