Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Our company has a couple Scag walk behinds that are pretty old. Just wondering what year they might be

"Florida Model" 48" deck, manual PTO lever, 14 hp Kawi, and the handle bars have just the one piece of tubing welded between; no sheetmetal "console" with the Scag nameplate like the new ones.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I believe I had one of the first Florida models they put out. It was a replacement for my 1993 Scag 48" that cut like azz. I had a demo to use until they figured out what to do with mine. In December 93 my 1994 Florida model arrived. I am not sure exactly how long they made one with that designation. Does it still have the Florida model sticker on the front :confused: Mine was warn almost all the way off before I sold it in May 1994.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Keith
Does it still have the Florida model sticker on the front :confused: Mine was warn almost all the way off before I sold it in May 1994.
Yes it does...but I had to add some weight to the deck and (foollishly) welded two chunks of steel over part of the sticker.

We have another Florida Model though, that is newer (has the toggle switch PTO, long since scrapped and replaced with a manual PTO---my boss is an old codger that doesn't believe in anything hydraulic or electric:rolleyes: )

Thanks for the replies Guys:cool:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It was in 1994 for the Florida Model. Honestly there wasn't any difference so to speak except the decal. Bought my first WB in 1986 was only the second one sold in my county. If there was anything different it was that the deck was a little deeper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.