• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

agitation

BS1190

LawnSite Member
Right now I'm using a liquid fert mixed with herbicide. I'm thinking about using uflexx or umaxx instead of the liquid fert.

Since I'm adding dry substance into the liquid I am concerned about agitation. Right now I just have a bypass agitation. I just have a hose running from the pump to a bulkhead I installed on the top of my tank.

So I was wondering if I should switch to some sort of jet agitation. But I'm really unfamiliar with how to get it set up. I'm assuming I can just attached some pvc pipe do the bulkhead on the inside of the tank, and then attach the agitator to the end of the pipe so that the agitator is towards the bottom of the tank.

Anyways, that is what I'm envisioning, but I don't know if that is the proper set up.

Can you let me know your thoughts?

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
What kind of pump are you running. If it is the standard Hypro D30 or D 403, a jet agitator is to be attached to a tee from the high pressure outlet of the regulation unit. The low pressure bypass must be kept as a zero pressure open flow outlet. On my tank I have a connection for the bypass line that terminates at the bottom, a bulkhead on the top with a pipe elbowing at the bottom for the jet agitator. The jet agitator should be mounted at one end of the tank parallel to the floor. You want the liquid flow to sweep the bottom of the tank when the pump is running.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
You have the right idea. You may need a special double threaded fitting at the bulkhead. put a hose nippile on the inside and run some stffl poly to the bottom. Put on a tee and cross bar. Then get about 4 agitation nozzles and aim them near the bottom so that the tank swirls round and round. I think it is OK to use the bypass flow. My opinion. But be very careful you do not suck the added powders into your filter or pump. I suggest a filter in the tank to prevent powders from entering the pump.

heritage

Inactive
What kind of pump are you running. If it is the standard Hypro D30 or D 403, a jet agitator is to be attached to a tee from the high pressure outlet of the regulation unit. The low pressure bypass must be kept as a zero pressure open flow outlet. On my tank I have a connection for the bypass line that terminates at the bottom, a bulkhead on the top with a pipe elbowing at the bottom for the jet agitator. The jet agitator should be mounted at one end of the tank parallel to the floor. You want the liquid flow to sweep the bottom of the tank when the pump is running.
This is how I have my D-30 set up into my 300 gal tank. Zero pressure bypass is on top though on my setup.

1 of the 3 pressure lines goes to the Bulkhead at the top end of the tank..connects to PVC down to bottom and a 90 degree elbow. On that I have a "Supermix" agitator. Rittenhouse.ca has them. BEST DAMN agitator I ever had.

Had 3 jet as well as the Tee-Jet agitator.........Supermix blows them away! Like Mechanical agitation.......

also another tip that has helped me. I have a 100 gallon tank intragated with the 300 with 1 pump and 2, 3 way valves.

Add all your uflexx to the 300 gal. then fill to 200 gal mark. Pump the 100 gal water in the 100 gal tank through the Supermix agitator in the 300 tank and when 100 is empty, the uflexx and whatever else is in SOLUTION.

Works like a charm.

Spend the 170 Bucks.....Its worth it in performance.

Pete