1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Agitator for small tanks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Feb 14, 2019.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Bronze Member

What's a small agitator I can use for my custom sprayers that use 30 gal tanks? I've tried a small lime green eductor nozzle and it shot way to small of a stream.. like a pin point stream... I use 5.3 gpm pumps and will install a separate line just for agitation. They have a bigger sized mini eductor that's yellow but I'm not sure if it will be to small though as well

2. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a boat bilge pump in my 35 ga tank. Aggitates prodiamine pretty well. No hoses or anything just let it pump and blow

woodlawnservice likes this.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Five gallons a minute ought to be enough flow--if 100 percent of the flow is going through the agitation nozzle. Do you have enough power for high-pressure flow?
    Normally, you cannot agitate and spray at the same time unless your pump is much bigger. One or the other.
    How many gallons per minute is coming out of the agitation tube?
    My favorite:
    https://mkrittenhouse.com/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=agitation+nozzle

4. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Which nozzle is your favorite and I'd say I get about 4 gpm on the average out. I dont need agitation while spraying just the initial refill and mixing is where I'd like to utilize it

5. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

Before I had a z sprayer, I rigged up a couple 4 wheelers with 14 ft booms. I would add 3 port manifold coming off pump. One for boom, one for wand, and one for agitate. I drilled a small hole at the highest point in the tank and ran a section of 1/4 inch hose through it. I would turn it on while mixing only.

6. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Did you use a nozzle though on the end? I have a recirculating line... but I want to mix. Not just the return from my regulator. Off my valves (3) total that control, left,middle and right sections of the boom, also have a wand and I will install a dedicated agitator line once I find the correct nozzle... its setup up just like a z control and valves etc..

7. AnotherOkie

from Newalla

I didn't use a nozzle on mine. It was like a tornado in there. So violent, I would have to turn it off or use a antifoaming product if I was spraying Gly. I would slury a dry micro nutrient and iron product in a jug, then dump it in. It would be completely in solution by the time I could add my weed control products

8. AnotherOkie

from Newalla

I did use a "Hypro jet agitator booster kit" when using an ibc tote as a pre mix nurse tank. Worked ok.

9. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Pic as I was fabbing it up.
    What size pump did u have

10. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Here is the controls as I was fabbing up