1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Aint no guessin where I make my zero turns!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darin, Jun 9, 2000.

1. Darin

Darin LawnSite Member

I have just got me a Toro Z Master and when I make my zero turns I am putting circular spots in the yard, I mean it is eating the grass up. Is there a trick to eliminating this. I'm sure it is probably the way I am operating it, but I don't know. If I don't learn how to operate it I'm going to have to call my lawn care buisness, "CROP CIRCLE LAWN CARE. :)

2. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

The secret is.... I could tell you but then I'd have to.....

3. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Keep both wheels turning, you are brakeing your inside turning wheel!<br>

4. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

one wheel forward, one wheel backward.

5. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro z-master and you can do all the forward backward you want they still scuff you will find the tires on the 200 seris better I talked to a dealer and he said that the tires on the 200 wear out faster but they don't scuff he said you will probably have to replace them every season. I guess you have to sacrifice<br>

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Take an hour and go to a city park or open area and run around for a while. It does take practice to be a good operator and like Kevin said above , you have to keep both wheels turning, if you dont you pivot and that digs lawn and eventually loses customers. Good Luck

7. OP
    OP
    Darin

Darin LawnSite Member

Thank you!

8. Jim B

Jim B LawnSite Member

There is actualy no such thing as &quot;Zero Turn&quot; without scuffing. I use sort of a &quot;T&quot; type turn. As I come to the end of a pass I curve slightly then curve oposite in reverse then proceed with the next pass.

9. lawngator

lawngator LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Darin, don't worry about making a true Zero-turn. Use the &quot;t&quot; turn like JIM B says and after you complete your stripes, make your borders passes to get the little spots where you turned. Good luck, Bill

10. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Save the zero-radius turns for industrial sites (keep both wheels turning), and use a three-point (&quot;T&quot; if you will) type on residentials.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com