1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Air bags

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MysticLandscape, Feb 25, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Got them done yesterday. Can't wait to see how they handle a load.

IMGA3350.JPG

IMGA3351.JPG

IMGA3352.JPG

IMGA3354.JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet, hope they work out well for you!

3. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

I put those same bags on my F-350 in november. I have a truckcraft dump insert, this winter i put about 6000lbs. of salt in the bed and the truck didn't go down in the back at all:weightlifter:

4. MysticLandscape

Thats good to know the most ill be putting in it will be 2 yards of top soil. A majority of the time ill have my enclosed trailer on the back with a load of grass or mulch.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice now u can haul more.:)

6. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Looks real good!!

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do these cost installed we have a van that we use in busines and it sags a little when we are hooked to the trailer.

8. MysticLandscape

The bags themselves cost me $325 then it was $60 and hr to install them, i dont know how much it cost to do just that because i have some other work done while i was there so im not sure how long it took for that i want to say around 2 hrs so your looking at a little over $450. With a van tho it might be a different type of bag so... contact a dealer and talk to them about it .

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I hear a lot of guys around here are blowing their bags out.

I don't know how accurate that statement was, just what I have been hearing.

Let us know how they hold up though.

10. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have air bags on my 1990 Ford F150 2wd and they are awesome. I haven't put a lot of weight in the back yet because I just got the truck this winter. They will sure raise the backend up ALOT with no weight back there.LOL. Good Luck with them, I hope they work great for you.