AK 130 or ? for Start Up Business?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Seeking, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Seeking

Seeking LawnSite Member

Thinking of getting into some residential and perhaps small commercial sealcoating in the Spring. The AK130 seems ideal as an entry level machine but I cannot find any independent reviews or discussion of it. I like it can go in an F150 or 1500 or trailered behind it. The big SealMaster machines are somewhat expensive and cumbersome for me as I start out. Perhaps in the future someday, see how it goes. Any suggestions for me or input on the AK130 or similar machines is appreciated.

2. OP
    OP
    Seeking

Seeking LawnSite Member

3. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

This has been discussed many times throughout this site. If the ak 130 seems ideal , u should read more.
    Its been years since I've read my sealer manufactures hand book, something to the effect of....
    Requires 25% water, 3 to 5 lbs sand per gal, agitation shall be of mechanical type.
    This is not only for quality n longevity of their product but is also required if any warranty is ever needed.
    It might b a cheep way to get started but seems like your going against the grain a bit.
    I'm sure it can be done, but like the guy said, u could start a lawn maintenance company with a 20 inch push mower, if you want.
    Maybe a lot of guys are earning somewhere around 100 per hr , give or take. For that type of income, you could n should invest a reasonable amount.
    Unless if you're not sure if u can handle hard,hot dirty work, then I guess it would make sense to set on the dock with your feet in the water.
    That type of income should pay for your investment quickly. As long as u r a motivated self starter.
    Anyway, mechanical agitation is a given in my book.
    The worst thing for impellers n housing's is sand and no sand equals neglagents.
    Choose wisely my friend.

hort101 likes this.