1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Alamia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLC, Jul 16, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have some questions. Have any of u guys ordered a mower from Alamia? and if so did u have to piece it together or what? I know the disadvantages of ordering from them, but I am goin the cheapest way for the type of mower I want. I am mechanically inclined so the work will not be that hard for me. Thanks in advance and have a nice day!! :)

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Do a search.

Chuck

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never bought a mower from Alamia, but next year I may. If you go to your local dealer and walk out back you'll see his new mowers in their shipping crates. I imagine that's the way you would receive a mower from Alamia. All that they'll do is broker the purchase and ship it directly from manufacturer to your doorstep. At least that's what I think would happen.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know which one you're looking for but Dixie Choppers are delivered ready to go. I picked mine up an hour after it was dropped off at the dealer.

5. K9LWT

K9LWT LawnSite Member

GLC,

Make sure you talk to Alamia before you get your hopes up. I was going to buy a Scag from them, but they couldn't ship where I lived.

I then wanted to get a Wright Stander, but they couldn't sell it to me. I ended up paying $300 more than they advertised from a local dealer. It's worth it to me-service, help, shipping cost, etc. so I bit the bullet and spent the extra $$. I think for smaller equipment you will be all set with them-they have great prices.

6. tralfaz

tralfaz LawnSite Member

I have not ordered a mower from them but have bought an engine from them. I was impressed with the quickness of the order to get to my house and also the free shipping.