• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Alaska mowing?

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
Does anyone else on here like the show Northern Exposure? I wonder how many months out of the year they mow in Alaska?

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i used to love that show, but i think there is a few from the northland here, cant be more than about 4 months though i would not think

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Let's call up sarah and ask her who mows her lawn. It's probably Trip, Trap, or Track....one of the three.

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
They are not that good at it too. I went there and I was like, I could do a way better job at cutting grass up here. But its like 4 or 5 in southern Alaska. Also I think it grows faster because of 20 hours of sun light a day.

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
There is also a town in northern Alaska that has 30 days each year of complete darkness, that is whole month where the sun does not rise!! I dont know if I could handle that or not?!!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
it is called barrow. it was featured in the thirty days of night movie, pretty gory and i liked it

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
Is the real town called Barrow? I saw the movie and liked it, but I thought the whole town that stays dark for a month was made up, but it does happen in this one town for real. I was confused though as to why they couldnt drive or fly out of the town after it got dark. Planes and cars still operate even though it is dark!

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Is the real town called Barrow? I saw the movie and liked it, but I thought the whole town that stays dark for a month was made up, but it does happen in this one town for real. I was confused though as to why they couldnt drive or fly out of the town after it got dark. Planes and cars still operate even though it is dark!
Barrow is real and no, the sun doesn't actually rise in the dead of winter. They do get like a twilight period for a few hours everyday.

They couldn't drive or fly at night for fear of vampires sucking their blood. I've never seen the movie.