Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a cool thing on the Walker site. If you don't already know this, go to walkermowers.com and at the top of the screen with all of the links go to the bottom and click on WalkerWare. They have a bunch of Walker stuff like hats, jackets, pins, etc.. They also have a diecast model. I ordered the model and got it today. It's pretty cool. The deck flips up, grass bin dumps, the seat and the grass bin clamshell to reveal the engine, the blades turn, it has dual tail wheels, the steering levers and throttle control all move. And the model is the MTGHS with a 20 horse. I thought it was pretty cool and everything on the site is cool so check it out Walker fans, I think you'll like it!:)

·
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
4,830 Posts
My diecast toy Dixie Chopper with the Jet Engine will beat your Walker toy in a race any day. :D

Oh, BTW, I have a toy DC with the 25 HP Kohler engine and it hasn't blown a head gasket yet. :)

[Edited by Eric ELM on 09-15-2000 at 12:22 AM]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Brian,where is it on their website? Oops! jumped the gun ...I looked last night and it wasn't there, but it is now.

For what its worth I have an older walker and have been using it for 4 years. It is an awesome machine. I don't see the problems that some of you have had.I think they are well built machines...Mine has has made my business!

[Edited by Currier on 09-15-2000 at 04:26 AM]

·
Banned
2,079 Posts
IMHO is that mostly owner operators who have another source of income (work for wages)tend to buy these machines.

They are way to expensive to buy, have maint. issues and
are unsuitable for fleet operations.

I have 10+ year old toro walkbehinds that will out perform these machines (walkers)in every area at 1/10 the cost.

Plus I would like to see if anyone can even put a small dent
in a 48" toro recycler deck with a sledge hammer.

Sometimes the TRUTH hurts.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 09-18-2000 at 10:51 PM]

·
Registered
519 Posts
ok. first i can apprecaite your veiw(stone) think you might even run a crew of your own and thats good .....but overpriced maybe right,but as many mowers that walker puts out i really don't think that the majority of buyers for these unit are part time operrators. Here in town the largest landscape company has a fleet of these and a fleet of mid mounts and 21"this company does well over 3million ayear in total sales why would he spend his hard earned money on a product that was to be counter productive i just can't see it .i also have a 89 36"sfs deck and this deck is a little more sturder or as sturdy as the 48" recycler,and i bet i could take a 8lb slege and put a dent somwhere in just about any deck.i work solo and enjoy it, its not for everyone and then again not everyone wants exxatlly the samething,walker,toro,dc.scag.yea i have one of each why...
because like you tool box you just don't have one tool for everything...or do ya'll if you want to walk or stand all day to each his own but it an't for me

·
Registered
955 Posts
Walkers are not productive machines. I only used a walker a couple of times but i did not like them because they just arn't productive. I see crews around here that use bobcats, lazers and the lawns they cut are nicer looking than the crews that use the walkers. I just don't see the piont in walkers, when you can get a machine that is faster and better built for less money why would you want a walker? Especially if you don't bag, I see absolutly no use for one. Anyway just my .02.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Depending on location you cant mow over 6hph like up here in Maine and you HAVE TO BAG from April to late june and agian in fall. Plus Walkers have supreror bagging system thats awsome on fall clean-ups, They offer a tail lock system thats makes the straightest lines possible and exellent handling. Owned Walkers since the 90s and just bought a 26EFI 48"GHS system 9.5 Bushel 52" side discharge great machines

·
Registered
585 Posts
"I have 10+ year old toro walkbehinds that will out perform these machines (walkers)in every area at 1/10 the cost."

So your toro's can beat a Walker at bagging huh!YAAAAHHHH!!!!!!SHURE!!!!!!!!

Give me a good old 8lb'er and I'll see to it that your toro never cuts agian!

Also can your toro's blow snow,use a sweeper,slip bucket,use a bed edger and so on and so on????????NO!

As far as those who put it down becouse it is slow,I'm sorry but going 14mph is not going to give as good as a cut as my walker!No way!

Just my 2 cents!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.