All American blade sharpener review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ltdlawn, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have been sharpening my blades with cordless 4.5” angle grinder. Long start short my angle got steeper and steeper and I was start to get cut issues.
    After extensive research I thought I found what was best solution for my situation. Magnamatic although a great machine (I’ve used) price tag was more than a solo sharpening 2-3 times a week could justify. I considered the rbg712 while much cheaper than magnamatic I just did not like the design. Then I set my sights on the yellow hornet and the thread about building a jig(I’m no carpenter) finally I stumbled across the ALL AMERICAN BLADE SHARPENER and I decided that this seemed like the best fit for my situation. I have a cordless grinder and the yellow jacket seemed to need a corded. The all American gave me the ability to correct my angle issue and use my current tools. While only costing me 179.99 (+ I got 15% off on eBay)
    I could not be happier with the purchase it arrived quick set up was simple and the edge is great. I couldn’t find much about it on here about it so I thought I would give my thoughts for any one wondering.

Harley08 and Eric502 like this.
  2. bud334

bud334 LawnSite Member

I have one also and really like it

ltdlawn likes this.
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

hmmmmm

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Pics?????

5. ltdlawn

I will post a few pics in the am... it’s simple but effective. I literally attached two bolts to mount (then just clamped in vice) and then put a bolt into the opposite side of handle of grinder.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  6. ltdlawn

7. Turf Kare

Turf Kare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks interesting! How does it work?

8. ltdlawn

The arm holds the angle grinder in place while going up the blade edge. The blade mounted stays at a constant angle so you get consistent grind. Honestly I have sharpened my blades everyday since I got it... almost makes it so simple you want to do it. It has improved my cut and it literally only takes 4-5 passes to get it sharpened again. Also It does not do the whole razor sharp tip it has a slight flat at the tip of blade. Which while researching blade sharpening that’s how it’s supposed to be. We’ll see over times how it does though

sjessen likes this.
  9. Turf Kare

Turf Kare LawnSite Senior Member

Does it keep the 30 degree angle? Like the factory look?

10. ltdlawn

image.jpg Not sure if it’s 30... the gator pictured was new before I sharpened it and it did need to be ground down a bit.