1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

All the bids are in.....maybe I got it right this time.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 26, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I hope I have it right this time! I have the bids just as received, I had to guess at a few because they had different price ranges.<br><br>Highest Mowing Bid: Fireman $1920.00 (gave 1 bid, I assume it was for mowing)<br>Lowest Mowing Bid: Accurate Lawn $901.00 ($26.50 per mow)<p>Highest Chemical Bid: Lawnman & Columbiaplower $900.00<br>Lowest Chemical Bid: Blacer $120.00 (5.25 per 1000, $30 min)<p>Here is the new and improved spreadsheet, http://www.kirbycuttin.com/monthly_charges.htm, thanks for the advice on correcting the sheet.<p>Ray<p><br>

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. If you were to include the area where the operator operates do you think a pattern would develop? Like Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast etc. The bid of $26.50 would not even cover my costs let alone allow me to make a profit.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

With such a great fluctuation in chemical bids I am wondering how the high end was broken down. I have trouble competing with Tru-Green/Chemlawn - Naturescape - and about 20 other applicators. I still make money but a little expansion by the high chemical bidders would be helpful. Hell I might even learn how to sell the higher price to customers. Thanks.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

How did Lawnmans 850 suddenly turn into 1200?<p>Just to reiterate, I think the big variations in pricing is based more on location than anything else. As myself and Stone have said, a lawn that size, in our markets, would get done for $25, but that doesnt mean I would do it, just that I wouldnt get the opportunity, since inevitably someone would bid it low. Someone elses market might get them $50 per cut. My big reason for not bidding was, there are no other accounts within 5-6 miles, which, in my urban market, means a 20-minute drive time from/to the next account. I would need to bid an amount that would automatically eliminate me from the running. Plus, I dont like wasting that much time fighting @$$#o!&$ in traffic.<p>Kirby, how many crews/employees do you have?<p>Bill<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: thelawnguy

5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Thanks for you time on this <br>need to do it again soon<br>art

6. OP
    OP
    KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Bill, this is a lawn I do which is about 3 miles from my home. I work mostly by myself at this time, I am looking to add someone maybe next month. As I've said several times now, I had bids that had wide price margins and I also said I goofed on the first calculations, here is the lawnmans bid exactly as it was sent to me, you pick the best price:<p>100 MO. FOR BASIC OR $850.00 FOR YEAR...NO LEAVES!<br>COMPLETE SERV. $175.00 MO. x 12 MOS.=2100 YR<br>WINTER ONLY 2 VISITS MAX PER MO.<p>Hope this helps, looking at the chem. prices I was on the low end and I plan on reevaluating my pricing on this service. Got to go get 18 holes in before it rains again. :)<p>Ray<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn