All Things Rain Bird

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Ron Wolfarth, Aug 11, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth Sponsor

Correct. ESP-ME3 with flow sensor and LNK will give high/low flow alerts. More features coming soon on flow.

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

I'll try to come up with something in the future. I'll be on the lookout at all jobsites.

hort101 and 1idejim like this.
  3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Can you elaborate? I know you can't give out "secret info" but I'm going to try and sell a customer the mentioned combo to replace an Imperial Valet though I know Boots prefers them. This customer by their accounts has had catastrophic failure with broken lines. Not sure exactly what happened in the past since I just took over this system. If something additional is coming out I may wait on it, wireless maybe?

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t happen right off.

hort101 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth Sponsor

I have only exchanged email with the Product Manager, so I got a limited response. No secrecy, just prioritized speed over in-depth info. Let me read our literature (PM is a little annoyed when I ask questions that are covered by literature) and talk to him Tuesday or Wednesday when we are both in.
    We don't talk publicly about NPD, but what I was referring to which is imminent is not 'wireless'.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It probably isn't the worst idea in the world to take a complete set of current readings on all the outputs of an electromechanical controller you are taking over, especially an Imperial Valet, because Imperial valves require more current than most modern controllers can supply.

This also provides information on any potential future problems involving pump relays.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    1idejim likes this.
  7. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

40 VA goes a long way.

Wet_Boots likes this.
  8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I know this really sharp guy who refers to this as benchmarking.

Wet_Boots likes this.
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

"Psss-t! Actually, it's 50 VA"

10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

For what it's worth the valves are mostly PGV's, PSR is standard issue nothing special