1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Allan Block Wall Certification Class

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Jan 18, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Me and 4 employees of mine just went and took the Allan Block Certification Class yesterday. And I've never really been one that was that big on certifications. So understand I was going into this very skeptical. Actually, the only reason I went was because they told me that once we were certified, they'd start sending us a lot more leads (they get a lot of calls and emails from their website and from local home and garden shows).

But after having attended, I must say the class was very informative. I am glad we went. We definitely learned a lot about building walls in general that we didn't know before. I would encourage anyone who is interested in building Allan Block walls to attend this class. They are fairly short (~5 hours) and there is a simple test at the end. And then you are certified. But more importantly, I guarantee you will come out of that class building much more well-built walls than you ever have in the past.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I only build walls with Legos.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh:

Initially, before they moved this post from Irrigation to Hardscape, that made me chuckle :)

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I build srw with ab went to seminars and tested.
    Mike

5. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Where did you find the information for the seminar?

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We did a pretty serious AB wall earlier in the year. And I got to know my local AB rep. So when this class came along, he just called me and kept trying to talk me into attending. It was a good class. Lots of contractors went. And we had a hands-on session after lunch where we learned some cool tricks I wish I had known last summer.

7. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

You know what they say, " when you stop learning, you stop earning."

We are going to MAHTS this year to get are seg. wall cert. I have never regretted any seminar or cert that i have gone to.

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, it is great to hear that this class is worth the time. I am in the Charlotte, NC and will be going to the class in Atlanta in a few weeks. What you are saying is what the rep told me also. Nice to see he wasn't exagerating.