1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Allergic to pine trees or thier pollen?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tinkerer, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have a reaction to pine trees or their pollen. 3 of my customers are next to each other in a nice neighborhood with lots of pine trees. One day last summer after mowing around those trees as the pollen was blowing off,, my eyes were so puffy I could hardly see to drive. I've only started to have this problem in the last few years.

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I dont get THAT bad but I do get a small rash if I rub against them. Its usually gone in a couple hours or sooner if use the hose and water it down.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up an allergy to them too, in the last few years. Especially cedar trees. It is bad in April. Start taking Generic clariton mid March, Costco has it cheap, I have also found flo-nase to be a great product, but it is perscription only.

Good luck- it can be miserable working when you can't see and the nose is running like a faucet.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Do a full-body detox. It will greatly reduce your allergy symptoms. It worked wonders for me.