Allergies

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
Recently a friend of mine over here took an<br>allergy test and found he was allergic to<br>nearly every type of grass.(He is in the <br>mowing/slashing industry also.) He has since<br>bought an aircond tractor just so he can stop<br>sneezing.Before that he wore a dust mask,but<br>that didn't work,just filled up with snot.:)<br>Does anyone here suffer the same problem?<p>Karl<br>

KirbysLawn

Millenium Member
I did, took allergy shots for 7 years and now have ZERO problems. My oldest son also has horrable allergies, has been on shots for 1.5 years and hardly has any problems with no meds! TAKE THE SHOTS!<p>Ray

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
I am allergic to everything. Also allergic to needles and shots. But I hear they are great. Maybe i stop being a chicken someday

pottstim

LawnSite Senior Member
Mold gives me a really hard time, as does cedar, too. The Pine Pollen kind of gets to me also. I take allegra regularly and tylenol sinus when i get nasal congestion.<br>Allergies sure are a pain the the arse!<p>Tim

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
I maintain 2 commercials and a residential for a Dr. One day he asked me how it was going and I replied life was good except for the sneezing and scratchy eyes. He came back out 10 mins later with a handful of Zyrtec samples. Haven't had a problem since. Drugs are sweet.

Chip

LawnSite Member
Allergic to June grasses. Get 2 shots per year. Medication is wonderful. Helps stop itching and sneezing

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
Oak pollen is the worst. I take vitiam C chewables,500mg.I have been taking them for several years.I am down to two tablets a day.My sinuses used to run steady,couldn't carry enough hankerchifs.I haven't carried one in years sence taking vitiam C's. I sneeze now and then and my eyes water at times but it's nothing comparied to befor.