Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any interesting off season occupation? Besides the usual snow plowing? Last year I worked for a great company in corporate customer service, it was nice working without any stress.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yes I work at a local rental car agency I cant say which one but they are terrible to work for, only reason still there after 11 years is I hurt my back on the job and they are paying all bills (after a lawer threat) but do you belive he warned me about going to the bathroom two many times always watching me and written warnings for the stupidest things (WHY I STAY THRERE?) because I have a nice little list of all things or mabey not all but alot. And when I really cant take anymore that comes out. Anyways like I said I cant tell you the name of the company but boy doesnt my back hertz.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
I've been working at a local Supermarket for over 13 years. 12-16 hrs./week in summer and as many as I want 35-50 off season. They are pretty flexible when I call in "sick" when the snow flies. I get really good free benifits (Union) and the pay is great. Just worked 8 1/2 hrs of double time on Monday! Still not green money but it ain't bad.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I order to keep stress distributed evenly throught the year, I do not plow yet. I have been spending the winter as a basketball referee. This is a great way to relax and just have a nice run.

·
770 Posts
Starting 2001, my off season will consist of packing the super SUV and heading to Florida to winter. Cigars, Babes and AARP will be my biggest concern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.