Alternate granular for Screamin’ Green

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Guerscape, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Guerscape

Guerscape LawnSite Member

looking for a similar granular product to Screamin Green. The prices for it in my area (Northern NJ) are around $25 and up. I’m looking for an organic based fertilizer. Is anyone familiar with Central Turf? I think they carry Java fert as well as Primera. I’m only set up for granular and some liquid with a battery back sprayer that I use on my smaller accounts (7k and under) I will have a skid next season to go full liquid with GCF products. Thanks to all for advice and help

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

There are several knock offs available. None have the University studies or years of use in the field that Screamin Green has. It is a premium product, you do get what you pay for. Many LCO's have expanded their businesses by picking up new accounts from neighbors seeing the results.

Guerscape and hort101 like this.
  3. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I've been wanting to try screamin green. Might give it a go this season.

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I've had good results with screamin green, also with greentrx.

Guerscape likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Guerscape

Guerscape LawnSite Member

I am in complete agreeement. Have gotten very good results with S.G. The problem I’m facing is the increase of price per my application using screamin’ green while staying competivite within the market. Unfortunately there are a lot of national companies in my area, and sometimes the only thing the consumer looks at is the bottom line of total cost per season. It puts us in a tough situation as your everyday client bases a lot off of what they see being advertised, such as lawns being treated for $24.99 and what not. Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated.

6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I was going to try CarbonX, but I decided to retire from lawn care this year.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You could think about Milorganite--but there is not much nitrogen 6-2-0. You would have to mix in some extra nitrogen.
    You could think about a granulated chicken manure product--but too much phosphorus, too much odor, and might be unsanitary.

You could use Koch 37-0-0, (Polyon), just add about half Milorganite. Then you would have a pretend organic fert.
    Not sure of the math--you would have about a 21-1-0. And it would smell organic.
    You can rent a cement mixer--right?

8. phasthound

Dynamic Duo 4-3-1, from the makers of Screamin Green. is another great option. It's less expensive and both composted poultry manure and biosolids. It takes some time to green up, but lasts along time. Unlike Milorganite it is biologically active.

Guerscape and hort101 like this.
  9. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Is this also sold at site one?

hort101 likes this.
  10. phasthound

Yes

hort101 likes this.