1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

alternative fuels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by laxative, Jun 22, 2008.

1. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I think there's a huge market where I am for a lawn company running on greener or alternative fuels. Think I could sign up a lot of people taking care of their own yards if they thought I could do it "greener." And they'd probably be willing to pay a premium for said "greener" service.

So is there anything else I can run regular gas mowers on? Was introduced to this stuff: http://www.aspen.dk/Aspen_(eng)_Consumer_Products_Petrol_DXNI-3328_.aspx

But don't have any idea what it costs or if it's even locally available. Not willing to exchange all my equipment for diesels or whatever, but if I could run different fuel and advertise as such with my present equipment without going broke doing it I could maybe get a lot more customers. This is a liberal hippie town.

Any suggestions?

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Propaine would be the easiest.

3. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I was over complicating it. There's a bottle gas company locally who runs their own trucks on lp gas. I'll call and ask a couple questions.