1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

always buy top quality?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

You get what you pay for, buy cheap and you will get cheap IMHO. I also agree with Marc, I buy from my dealer because when in a bind he will bend over backwards and do somersaults to get me going again.

Question: What is this kind of service worth to you? To me its priceless. Final thought; I want to have equipment that I'm certain will perform the job I ask of it, don't really care if it sits idle 80% of the time as far as handhelds go.
    JMO

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got to agree with Green-Pro..I've never regretted buying quality. I tried running with old/used/cheap equipment in the past and really screwed myself at times. Especially because I have a crew using my equipment, tools get used hard, and the downtime gets expensive when they don't have equipment that works.
    I buy all my equipment from one dealer, no ebay, etc. He fixes my machines usually while I wait. Like Green-Pro said, that is priceless. Actually, that quickly becomes cheaper than buying from Depot or online.