Always carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Riley

LawnSite Member
I've carried for nearly twenty years and had to use mine for the very first time yesterday late afternoon. I'd just mowed grass and the neighbor's aggressive, Black German Shepherd gets off his chain in their backyard and runs towards me in my backyard with teeth bared, barking and lunges at me. I kick at him and he is a little startled that I challenged him but he comes back again. I pull my .380 off my hip and take one shot but the casing stove pipes. Otherwise, I would have emptied out on him. I apparently missed but it was enough to make him ease on. This all happens in about 3 seconds and he's probably 8 feet from me. We sometimes take things for granted just being out in our own yard or simply walking to the mailbox but I'm glad I was prepared. Thank God it wasn't my wife or daughter because they wouldn't have challenged him and likely been attacked. BTW, I'm cleaning my firearm, right now, to eliminate misfeeds.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
This is a great story. It truly illustrates carry ALL of the time. You were mowing your own yard and carrying! Most people who claim they carry all the time don't actually do so, and tend to slack off when they are at home.

For those who can't carry, I'd recommend pepper spray as an alternative. For those who do carry I'd recommend pepper spray as well. The odds are higher for needing force but not deadly force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums