Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 606 Posts
Discussion starter · #26 ·
I thought you were going to clean up the slopes? Why is there still stuff sticking up?

Couldn't you grab the rest and yank it all out?

J.
I wanted to do that, but everyone was worried about it hurting the dam, but the people paying for it were happy, so I am happy. Well, not really, I'd like to take it down to the dirt but everyone said it looks great, from far away it does, but up close, its a freakin wreck!

Plus, there was a lot of crap there, I only had an hour on that little bit of grading. the rest was doing all the dam work. But I am going to go cut the stumps and little bit of brush down to clean it up more..

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Oh yeah! I forgot to tell ya, I was almost always using my feet to move the machine around, it was nice when picking the dam, I didnt have to move around, just bend my ankles a little bit and boom, I am in the position I need to be.. :cool2: But I got to work on the reverse part, I tend to hold down one longer than the other when I stop and end up turned sideways, but I'll get better the more I do it..

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell ya, I was almost always using my feet to move the machine around, it was nice when picking the dam, I didnt have to move around, just bend my ankles a little bit and boom, I am in the position I need to be.. :cool2: But I got to work on the reverse part, I tend to hold down one longer than the other when I stop and end up turned sideways, but I'll get better the more I do it..
How did you like the 430 junior

Discussion starter · #31 ·
How did you like the 430 junior
Still has major joystick issues, but the power wasnt bad, if Bobcat could solve the issues in the 430's controls, I might think about owning one if I needed a zts machine. But over all it was a nice machine, I liked the speed, it was like it was in 2nd all the time, so it was slow as hell on corners, but in a straight line, you can haul!

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Good job there Jr. keep workin it.....nice to see a young lad being productive:clapping::clapping:
A lot better than what this guy was trying to do as posted here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=267550

Video here

Stupid is what stupid does:dizzy::hammerhead::hammerhead::rolleyes:
Yeah, I saw that.. :hammerhead:

I just heard from a certain person(the old guys grandson, who I'd like to punch in the mouth) was outside talking trash about some idiot cutting down his grandpa's trees and he's goin to sue us for all we got.. First off he needs to get his facts straight, we didnt do a thing illegal, it was all within in the law and if he was goin to sue us he'd need some phone numbers and address's.. Thank god I didnt have any lettering or anything on the truck or trailer. I have a feeling this is going to get much worse..

Well if it isn't his trees or a right of way by the county or city yeah he's got nothin. If he can sue you, you sue whoever had you do the work.

I wouldn't worry, most of these guys like to talk up until they actually have to pay a lawyers bill.

Remember when JR. came to us, just a babe in the woods. I am just sooo proud of our "little man". :cry:

Happy Birthday JR. Perhaps you'll get a new pair of socks for your birthday!:weightlifter:
He's already worn out the old socks I bet.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Well if it isn't his trees or a right of way by the county or city yeah he's got nothin. If he can sue you, you sue whoever had you do the work.

I wouldn't worry, most of these guys like to talk up until they actually have to pay a lawyers bill.
Yeah, exactly, by the covenants in our subdivision I had the right to go do that work because it is considered maintenance to the lake and its DAM We even had the cops come out and read it, they said we werent doing anything wrong, atleast they couldnt arrest us, it was a civil matter. And a lawyer we talked to said we didnt do a thing wrong, so far, I dont think we did a thing wrong, but really, what is a judge going to do to someone for beautification of property? Just laugh him out of the court room.

And nobody asked me to do the work, we ended up on it cause I help take care of the pond and it was the only solution to clean the place up, oh well, there are goin to be some consequences for the snitch..

21 - 40 of 606 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.