Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 120 of 606 Posts
Discussion starter · #105 ·
Worth the money. Very good power to weight.
I understand that, I'd love to have one, but for now as little as I'll use it at the moment its just not justifiable(sp?) at that amount of money, $150+ can do alot for me right now considering the things I need to get the trailer and tools the way I want and need and the 361 is more of a want than a need when the 310 will do the job for now..

Discussion starter · #109 ·
What I'm working on.
that looks like alot of the woods here.. ;) where are you located? And nice work, I'd love to do that, like I said before having a machine like ARP's and a mini ex with a mower like Minimax's is what I am going after.. I love tree and forest work like this, its more fun than digging!

Yes but it is heavy. 360 lbs. We have to pick the cab up with a mini to service. Do you know of an external air cleaner? Where it is located is a bi%ch to get to. I would like to move it outside of the engine compartment.
Some big radiator tubing and a Donaldson pre-cleaner might work.

Discussion starter · #115 ·
Here is a mans saw I don't think Junior would even go near it :laugh:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p87AKPxNWUc&feature=channel_page

It is a 076 it is one size bigger than the 051. The 076 has a 60 inch bar on it mainly for bucking large cedar.

Here is a even bigger mans saw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GL8ono3-Q&feature=channel_page

Now this is a saw that I know Junior wouldn't touch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGdnaPRUyg4&feature=channel_page
:eek: Oh dearlord! the 090 would murder me!

Those are big saws definatly not for the people with some saw experience.

Like I said those saws with the long bars are for cutting large old growth cedar into rounds then they are split into shake bolts for cedar shakes and shingles. The reason for such a long bar is you have to make the rounds you cut perfectly even because shake bolts have to be exactly 24 inches and shingle bolts 18 inches. So when you cut the round off the log it has to be square etc.

Discussion starter · #118 ·
Junior did you buy a saw?
Not yet, I went and looked at the 3 saws, 290, 310 and the 455 husky, I am not real impressed with the Husky because I wont get the service I'll need if something breaks, plus I am leary of dropping that much change on a product that I've never had any experience with.. But I've decided on the 310, the dealer said they'd just sold the 1 310 they had but were getting everything put together and a few more 310's would be on the floor my like 11 this morning, so I am going to go pay for it once I get a call back from this job if she goes for it and from talking to them they liked the whole deal, but we'll see..

101 - 120 of 606 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.