Lawn Care Forum banner

Am I always this lucky?

113K views 605 replies 68 participants last post by  Hollowellreid 
#1 ·
Well, here it is boys, the 430 in all her glory, only 220 hours when we picked it up.. btw, I had nothing to do with tieing it down, that was all Dad, I had a strap across the bucket on the 335 last week.. :cool2:

Look how dirty she got:

I am heading back out, if I dont get in any more trouble, I'll post pics tonight..

See less See more
#8 ·
I am home, no run ins with old ass's today.. :cool2: :laugh:

Sorry boys, no challenges, I was getting everything set up when Dad said you need to hurry up, we got to take this back to so and so's house(the salesmen/rental guy), I had no clue, so I just said screw it and loaded up, but I did get some vid of me running(its hard to run a trackhoe ripping trees and hold a camera still on your lap) the 430 and some of dad during the short time he was on it, I put 8 of the 8.2 hours we put on it..

And I am uploading pics as we speak..

#10 ·
That's my thought.:)

At least you got to work without interference today, right?
Yep and I thought I liked digging, this job blows digging straight out of the water, I cant explain it, its just fun as hell! Chris's job must be great if this one was that fun..

I got 34pics uploading to Photobucket :dizzy: Most are from right before everything went down, so I couldnt imagine how many I would have if I kept taking them.. And I'll warn you, the bank isnt up to par imo, but everyone told me it was fine and looked great, but imo, it looks horrible..

#11 ·
Yep and I thought I liked digging, this job blows digging straight out of the water, I cant explain it, its just fun as hell! Chris's job must be great if this one was that fun..
I got 34pics uploading to Photobucket :dizzy: Most are from right before everything went down, so I couldnt imagine how many I would have if I kept taking them.. And I'll warn you, the bank isnt up to par imo, but everyone told me it was fine and looked great, but imo, it looks horrible..
the mud side of things is more fun than the dirt side:laugh:

#14 ·
#18 ·
wow junior for a minute there i thought our talks about girl had worked. keep trying
:laugh: I am working on it, the pics are uploaded, sorry for the delay, had to do something.. :realmad:

Ok first off, this is just a kick ass picture imo.. (notice how its tied down)

What's left of the tree now:

Pulling a big ass water logged tree out with the 430:

She's coming:

She's out:

#19 · (Edited)
pushing a dead tree, not dead enough to just push over, but it dam sure aint easy. But thanks to Chris, I knew a good way to go about it.. :cool2:

Before:

BAM! after:

after pulling a tree out and getting all the brush up:

some what smoothed out: dont give me s#it, its hard to grade pond sludge(I shaped the bank a little bit) for the little bit I had, I couldnt imagine grading the amount chris has on some jobs..

these were dug up before I knew about LS with the old 430 that had major issues. Oh yeah, and this one does the same thing as the one on Youtube with the controls..

#20 ·
looking good to me! It's pretty easy to drag those trees out as the float somewhat. Atleast you can get around the pond now. BTW where's the mud?!?:laugh:

#26 ·
I thought you were going to clean up the slopes? Why is there still stuff sticking up?

Couldn't you grab the rest and yank it all out?

J.
I wanted to do that, but everyone was worried about it hurting the dam, but the people paying for it were happy, so I am happy. Well, not really, I'd like to take it down to the dirt but everyone said it looks great, from far away it does, but up close, its a freakin wreck!

Plus, there was a lot of crap there, I only had an hour on that little bit of grading. the rest was doing all the dam work. But I am going to go cut the stumps and little bit of brush down to clean it up more..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.