Am i the only one thats never had an ethanol issue?

Alekfarmer

LawnSite Member
I have never had one single carb on any of my equipment or my mower get gummed up and not start. Trimmers, edgers, chainsaw, blowers, pressure washer, mowers, everything. I have never had to rip one carb apart for cleaning. I run 87 octane with 10% ethanol and redmax synthetic blend in all my 2 strokes, i add an ounce of SEAFOAM to each gallon. I have never replaced my fuel lines or anything and never had one problem. Am i just lucky or is the seafoam just the ticket?

trooper8870

LawnSite Member
I 've never had any problems with mowers but I have had several issues with my Stihl handhelds. But, with that being said, I went to using full synthetic Stihl oil last year and did not have much problem at all.

MJB

LawnSite Silver Member
Don't stop using Seafoam, or you will find out too.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I've never had an issue with ethanol in my entire life until the other day. I just started using Sea Foam halfway through last summer. Some of my handhelds are 10 years+ too.

The other day (after we had a full day of 50+ MPH winds), we had a ton of small branches down, especially from our large white birch. I got out my Husky 570 and fueled it up. The gas was only about a month or so old, and I had treated it immediately after buying it with Sta-Bil. I have never had any issues before like I said, but while running the blower I could hear it missing slightly, and I knew right away that the ethanol had absorbed a little water from the air in the gas can. Not enough to cause any major issue, but it did make the blower miss a little. I had used the first half of the can right when I bought it for doing the exact same thing I did the other day, and with the exact same blower, and I didn't have any missing that day, so I knew what had happened this time around.