• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

amount to charge customers

Trevors Lawn Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
$20 max. Have a flat rate and your phones will ring off the hook. Dont worry about what others say about charging rediculous amounts to keep the business strong.

Let it Grow

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey goat herder. The first piece of advice I will give you right now will be one of the most important pieces of advice you will get in the near future. Don't do what "Trevors Lawn Care" says. Yes he is right your phone will ring off the hook, but you will also be doing more work for less pay. If you listen to the others on this site it will be the other way around.

When you look at a lawn to do an estimate. Do your best to figure out how much time it will take, then multiply that number by the hourly rate that you need to charge to make money (Gross profit minus expenses). That is how I do it, and I think most other people do it that way to. Don't tell the customer an hourly rate just say "I can do it for $___ per week."

OP
G

goat hearder

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by Let it Grow

When you look at a lawn to do an estimate. Do your best to figure out how much time it will take, then multiply that number by the hourly rate that you need to charge to make money (Gross profit minus expenses). That is how I do it, and I think most other people do it that way to. Don't tell the customer an hourly rate just say "I can do it for $___ per week."

lets say a customer has sod lain and wants the grass picked up. it takes about an hour to mow it. i would estimate a minimum of $60 . am i under bidding my self ? maybee i should charge 75