• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Amp Pros

MisterBreeze

LawnSite Member
Hey, any Amp Pros on here willing discuss Amp products. Ive been using Amp for a few years now, but I tend to stick with certain fixtures. I was curious what are some of the more popular lights you may be using. Can discuss offline if you want. Thanks.

Hayduke

LawnSite Senior Member
Just made the switch last fall to Amp from FX Luminaire. Just the drop in cost has been amazing, but I do like all the Amp products I have used so far. We put in some Puck lights and HydraPros on a recent project. Otherwise sticking with the black path lights, Mini Path Lights and Mini Pinnacle Pros so far.
I wish Amp would add a few more black fixtures. They are pretty popular

MainLineLightingDesign

LawnSite Member
Just made the switch last fall to Amp from FX Luminaire. Just the drop in cost has been amazing, but I do like all the Amp products I have used so far. We put in some Puck lights and HydraPros on a recent project. Otherwise sticking with the black path lights, Mini Path Lights and Mini Pinnacle Pros so far.
I wish Amp would add a few more black fixtures. They are pretty popular
I like Amp's lifetime warranty program. You're selling the light, not the fixture.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
While AMP does warranty their stuff I hate and don't sell the warranty. The whole concept of a "lifetime" is too vague. And when you sell that to a client they tend to feel that mean you the installer is also going to take care/replace the fixtures for a lifetime. Who knows AMP may be out of business or sold to Toro this next year and you're stuck with a bunch of systems with people expecting a lifetime of replacements. I'm not knocking AMP in this statement just using it as an example. Alliance did the same thing (may still) and we had to replace hundreds of those stupid plastic globes they used instead of glass because the lamps melted through them over time.

MainLineLightingDesign

LawnSite Member
I have my clients on a yearly maintenance program. If something breaks, the company has switched it out no questions asked. AMP is the same as Volt. They’ve been in business for a while, I can trust that. Plus, I could die tomorrow and their warranty has expired.