1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil Saber vs. Stihl Ultra

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great guys. But I have noticed that ALL of MY equipment runs better on Amsoil than ANYTHING else that I have tried. So, I'm sticking with AMSOIL. That's MY choice & believe me I have tried most all of the other highly rated oils. Thank you though for the links.

2. karlgrooms

karlgrooms LawnSite Member

I just started using Amsoil and liking the way my equipment is performing...With winter coming and use of my blowers and trimmers etc. slowing down I was wondering if Amsoil has a fuel stabilizer in it. The XP oil i used had it. I don't want to gum up the carbs.

3. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

That is the only downside at this time. It does not have any stabilizer in it. Amsoil does have a stabilizer available if needed.

4. karlgrooms

karlgrooms LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get some from my dealer.

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does Amsoil make their own oil ? ... Or does Hatco still make it for them ?

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the Stihl 2-cycle oil is supplied by British Petro.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Im now finishing my second full season running Amsoil Saber at 100:1 in all my 2 cycles including one 4 mix. My equipment has never run better, cleaner and with more power. Amsoi Saber is the real deal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone tried Royal Purple two-cycle? I've always run Stihl ultra but looking for a cheaper but still quality alternative....

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

100:1? Are you saying you can run the Amsoil at leaner mixes than regular Stihl?

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes. Amsoil Saber is a "concentrate". In fact it has better protection at 100:1 than others at 50:1. Amsoil Saber was designed to run at 100:1 and tested up to 300:1.
    Posted via Mobile Device