Amsoil Special for Lawnsite Members/Users

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Ignorant-....
    1) lacking in knowledge or training.
    2) lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject

Well in my case I would use the term ignorant. So I went to ams and got a little education last night. Now I am courious about this. Does this void new machine or truck warrenties?.

2. Stillwater

You are correct, I learned a little about this system last night now I have a dozen questions.

3. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I am not sure about the warranty, I am sure that Noplugs or AmsoilPower could answer your question better.

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

This is not about winning or losing an argument anymore. Your statement's on oil & oil change intervals are like farting in the wind with some BS to follow.

I believe converting some people to Synthetic Lubricants & extended oil changes, and understanding & using UOA's is like converting an Atheist to Christianity. It's a waste of time & assets:waving: So much "shooting from the hips" on subject matter:gunsfirin, followed buy backtracking with questions, classic:clapping:.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. Stillwater

Sounds like sparkplugs is angry at me for recently learning about the AMS system and haveing a question. Backtracking with a question... is their really something wrong with that? This is not a valid reason to be that emotional.

6. cmrgrounds

cmrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from augusta

haha this is halarious, yall do what you want with your engines, im not going 25k per oil change on my 50k truck. I just looked at the amsoil website and the website is stating 7500 mile oil changes or longer for the extended life oil. I know it says "or longer" but there is still a difference between 7500 and 25000.

7. nosparkplugs

One needs the Bypass filter and UOA to get beyond the 7,500 oil change intervals. Lets get the facts straight those extending their oil change intervals beyond 10,000 miles are sampling their oil, and use advanced oil filtering units not a single "spin on oil filter".

The oil sample kits cost $25, and have next day lab results. The Dual By-Pass oil filter kits start at around $250-$300 depending on the engine, I purchased extra hose cost me an extra $175.00. Three gallons of AMSOIL AME 15w-40 12TBN oil was about $175.00. Total cost was around $600-$700 bucks. You can then run your oil well beyond 25,000 miles I had 60,000 miles on my oil it was like new, but an oil line rubbed on my frame rail, and ruptured last month. Just replaced the lines & filled the system with another 3 gallons of oil, and was back on the road.

8. cmrgrounds

from augusta

What independant lab do you use for your oil analysis, or do you use the oil analysis services provided by amsoil?

9. cmrgrounds

from augusta

no spark plugs: my dealer in augusta georgia never said anything about any filters or filteration kit. I see what you are trying to explain and beat into peoples heads. I understand the f*&^ing system. My amsoil dealer told me that just by changing my oil from the castrol gtx synthetic that i use now to amsoil i can magically go 25000 miles between oil changes. Just by changing the brand oil i use.

10. nosparkplugs

Well "your" AMSOIL dealer is full of BS, and giving you the extreme side of the oil change chart for the Amsoil EaO spin on oil filter. You also are just finally now providing the entire story for all to read. I would not go beyond 10,000 miles without a UOA period AMSOIL or not. I really could care less what oil or filter you choose to use or how long your oil lasts:). I simply like the facts being known.

Go visit Bobistheoilguy, your smart arse will get thrown around with your BS, those guys are 120% oil nerds, and thats all they talk about is OIL:dizzy:, some with PH.D behind their names or hold degree's in the oil industry:laugh: