Amsoil Special for Lawnsite Members/Users

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 9, 2009.

1. cmrgrounds

cmrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from augusta

well if "my dealer" is full of bs then i guess the dealer on this thread is full of bs because if you have been reading since the beginning, he said the same thing. Nothing about any filteration kits or going 60 or 70000 miles has been talked about till you poped up. Just out of curiosity why the hell would you want to go 70000 miles on the same oil anyway. Iv done the math with the numbers you just gave and i still come out cheaper by far.

2. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to see you all discuss this in another thread made for it. I don't see any sense in dragging AmsoilPowers announcement of his special so off topic. I will start one called "go the mileage" and provide a little that I know. Look in the Trucks and Trailers forum.

3. OP
    OP
    AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Well, first of all you need to do some more research. Once you do that, you will realize that like most other nay-sayers that spout off before they know all the facts, you will find that the 7500 mile oil is just that. You are referencing the XL series line of oil which is what I call the "economy" oils. These oils are for 7500 miles or 6 months, tops. They are referenced by Amsoil as the the "Extended Life" oils, meaning extended beyond the 3000 mile oil change myth. When you research further, you will find other oils which I refer to as the "premium" oils (ASL, ATM, SSO, ASM, AME, and others) which can go 25,000 or 1 year under "normal" conditions. "Normal" conditions basically is just about 100% highway driving, with no stop & go or pulling a trailer. If you are pulling a trailer and in the city alot, 15,000 is about tops and considered "severe" service. To get the 15,000 or 25,000 miles, you need to use an Amsoil synthetic media EAO oil filter as well.

As I have stated before in many of my threads, research the product extensively or try it before opening your mouth. I am pretty much straight-forward on this site with very little BS said. That my friend, is the facts.

4. OP
    OP
    AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I must applaud you:clapping: for doing some research before knocking me around. Email or PM me your questions and concerns and I will address them for you.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Hoyt.......

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am thinking about trying this. I contacted Chevrolet, they said that any modification of the oil system will void your entire vehicle warranty. I specifically mentioned the amsoil bypass filter.

As far as extended intervals, my manual says I can go up to 10K miles on conventional dino oil, or whenever my change oil light comes on. The oil change light counts things like RPMs, speed vs. mileage, ect, to calculate when oil should be changed. They said that in the event of a failure, if it was determine that the oil was not changed at the proper interval, that the repair would not be covered under warranty, but that this would only apply to an oil related failure. For example, if your A/C goes out, they will not consider problems with the oil at all.

I am still considering using amsoil without the bypass filter, but I am still confused about one thing.

Are you saying you can go 25K without a bypass filter with the right oil purchase, or do you need a bypass filter to go that far? It seems with the cost of the filter, you would never save enought money to justift it IMO.

If I could buy oil that is more expensive, but would go 25K (or 15K) it would be worth it. I could see going 25K on good synthetic, of GM says my engine can go up to 10K on wal-mart oil. (no, I do not use wal-mart oil)

7. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

If you have an engine failure that is directly linked to the lubricating system, and you use Amsoil, They will stand behind the failure. They offer their own warranty. They will want to see the failed components & have a sample of the oil that was in the vehicle, in order to get involved.

If you ask them to put in writing the fact that your entire warranty is void because of an Amsoil filter setup, I guarantee they will not.

There is a lot of misunderstanding of the Amsoil products in this thread. I think the OP is trying to help out & pass on some savings to Lawnsite members & you guys are missing the point. While I don't buy my Amsoil stuff from Amsoil Power, I do use it & can tell you that all of my own vehicles are on extended drain programs. Please don't show your ignorance by saying that it cannot be done. The 3000 mile oil change idea is outdated by decades and is costing you money if you are doing that.

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Please consider the part of my post that you did not quote. I never said that it could not be done, I was asking if it could be done without the bypass filter setup. I even went as far as to post that GM says you can go upto 10K miles on conventional oil in some circumsances, so that I thought that it was a possibility.

9. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Did you talk directly with Obama?

:laugh:

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have a question, though this isn't really the best place... Does anyone run the remote filter set-up, even a single filter, on a GAS engine?

I just bought an '08 GMC 2500 6.0, and I laughed when I saw the TINY filter it has. Smaller than the one on the 5.3 engine even. From what I gathered on the Amsoil site was that the remote systems seemed more geared towards diesel, but I didn't know if that was the case or not.

Oh, I just ordered $360 in product from Amsoil about 3 weeks ago. Got enough to get me through next spring now!