Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I agree that it would be tough to work on something this scale if you haven't before. I know I do not have the experience to take it on. I guess the flagstone is more pronounced in person. And you can tell when in a 200yd long feature the only place there is flagstone is right up in the top of the falls hanging over naturally rounded river rock. Check out these other pics. Although smaller scale, this can be done on a large scale. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=224252
What about this job is so bad? Other than the sod job,,,,and I'll give the sod installer the benefit of the doubt and assume lots of people are walking on the newly layed sod causing some of the uneven look. As for the waterfalls,,,although I'm not crazy about the color of the stone (is it possible that is the color of the natural stone in the area?), which is my only bit of trepidation, overall, I think it's a fantastic job. I really don't think there are many people thinking those ledges protrude out too far and I'd venture to say you could go out in nature and find a few similar examples that are similar to the falls on this job. I'd stand corrected if you can show me some of your work that looks appreciably better. Not trying to be argumentative, here. I just don't see justification for the criticism.

I don't like the style of rock they used. It was the wrong choice for that setting. It resembles a bit of a rock quarry during a heavy rainstorm. There is just too much stone all piled together. They definitely needed to soften it up by integrating some plant material into it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.