angle of attack?

GeoffDiamond

LawnSite Bronze Member
Both Fisher and Western V-Plow are the same. They are built in the same factory, with the blade and a-frame and hydro system the same, what changes is the color and mounting system.<p>So getting a western won't change your angle of attack. It will give you a mounting system with big problems.<p>Geoff

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
Actuall western installs their own trip edge. If you look closely at them, the western just has a angle base with no extended triangle trip edge. To that shorter base angle they bolt on the replaceable wear edge. By virtue of that shorter base angle the angle of attack is much more vertical. In order to duplicate that on the fisher you would have to wear their trip edge to the point where you would only have about 1.5-1.75&quot; left. At that point the spring keepers will have worn out and the trip springs will be in the last lot you plowed. Westerns trip angle has the spring keepers mounted much higher. <br>The fisher has their usual long base that you need to wear in first.<br>In fact I have a friend that has a fisher v and would like to replace his base trip edge with my western edge because of the differences.<br>Yes it is true that most of the parts are the same, but check CPW catologe and you will see way different base angles shown. And for the record the A frames are different to, along with the hinge pillar. I do have reservations about the uni mount, although I havent had any structual problems with mine. And for the record I will put a western blade up against a diamond or fisher any day.Plows better than a fisher with alot less weight when it comes to straight blades. <br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org<p>