Angle of grandstand much blades?

Lawnfeller

LawnSite Member
I sharpened my grandstand blades last night to 30 degrees and today it’s cutting terrible. Anyone know the angle the blades are supposed to be at? Thank you.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
make sure you didn't put one on upside down. Even if you were off a bit on the alge you wouldn't be seeing terrible cut with sharp blades.

30 degrees is what you want. It sounds like you are probably just not getting the same cut with the mulch blades as you were with the other blades. This is common depending on the type of grass and growth you are cutting.

OP
L

Lawnfeller

LawnSite Member
It’s like a huge difference. I use the all American sharpener and it put on a beautiful edge but I noticed I was taking off a lot of metal to get it to 30° The engine just bogs down when you try to cut with it so something has really changed.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
It’s like a huge difference. I use the all American sharpener and it put on a beautiful edge but I noticed I was taking off a lot of metal to get it to 30° The engine just bogs down when you try to cut with it so something has really changed.
Are you sure the set screw didn't work loose and move your blade taking too much off? I've got the All American also and the only time I ever took too much off was getting some old blades I eyeballed back in shape.

OP
L

Lawnfeller

LawnSite Member
Only photo I have of the blade right now. Sorry I’m mid way through mowing for the day.

Attachments

• 08B52AA0-C0D4-411A-A254-9BB3180AB325.jpeg
    08B52AA0-C0D4-411A-A254-9BB3180AB325.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 60

Top Forums