1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Angry Aeration Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 22, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Every year the Kiwanis have a radio auction. This is the second year that I have donated a gift certificate. It was for $25 off an aeration.

Well, this is where it starts to get fun... every year the paper puts out the list of items for auction. The newspaper put a misprint of my gift certicate by saying, "$25 a lawn aeration." Well, it made me mad because it was wrong at the time, but I thought its alright because once the customer gets the gift certificate they will see the paper was wrong and that it is only for $25 off, not $25 for the entire lawn.

So I get the call from the lady about the aeration and she is mad because of the misprint and she is basically blaming it on me. So I explain the whole story to her and then she says, "Well you might as well come out then and measure the lawn and tell me the price for the aeration."

I get out there today (yes I finally found it wriken) and the place isn't a great looking property. Not maintained that great. So I measure and it is about 20,500 sq ft. I am thinking to myself, "Oh man, there is no why in heck she is going to pay $180 ($205 minus $25 gift certificate). So I left the estimate in the door and got the heck out of there. Now, I am just drending to hear the phone call tonight and telling me that I am crazy for that price.

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Your a pro, who cares. They get thrown out. I lost a bid to a church for only $240 / week lawn care, to finds out the Deacons decided to do it. I will get the call in a couple weeks.