Lawn Care Forum banner

? annual contracts?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I think some of us who are thinking of using annual contracts could use some input.

What should be in it? How long does it need to be? Should a lawyer check it out first?

Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
What 24 hours and no response? Was this a dumb question or something?

#5 ·
Hello Everybody:

This is restricted area & you can only find it if you use the search feature of this Great Forum. Please do not go here if you are afraid to gain KNOWLEDGE & or MONETARY GAIN$$$$$

Here is one place to find them:
Contracts: http://pub4.ezboard.com/flawnserviceinformationresounewtothebusiness.showMessage?topicID=9.topic

OR

First goto the bottom of the 4th table & disregard all the other valuable information that is there for the Green Industry professionals that you passed to get there! If you hate money, please stay AWAY? THis is in regard to the URL below!!!!!

Contracts: http://www.lawnservicing.com/valuable_internet_resources.htm

Instead of just taking the easy way & asking the same old questions that have been asked 100's of times before, do this read the valuable info that Chuck & Eric & many others that have spent 1,000's of hours preparing for all comming here-like visitors?

Then if you have a major problem like getting a better price on a sky high engine part like a $8.95 oil filter, $10.95 air filter, $12.95 blade, or why your ungodly expensive blades that only cut $10,000 worth of grass & now they are wore out, how often you should sharpen your blades, LOL, how often to change your oil & how much is to much to charge one of your customers for a late fee because they didn't pay you yesterday, should you get a 10,000 mhz-gigawatt blade balancer because ever since you hit that tall grass, then your mower vibrates, you have drove 800 miles looking for $20 less for that 21" Honda & spent 10 days looking for it not cutting grass & making money because your rip off dealer wants to make $100 dollars profit off that mower, your dealer wants $45 dollars for that carb job, that only took him $800,000 for realestate & $1,200 a month yellow page ad & his mechanic thinks he should make as little as you do or even less like a Doctor or Lawyer makes & whatever else tickles yo fancy, please just ask us again & we'll tell you the same?

Just please use the search feature of this great Forum & it will answer most questions that most ask.

Please lets not take advantage of it. It's called using the forum the proper way? That's all? Please just use the search feature, it's way up there on the upper right?

I feel better now that I got all that off my chest, LOL just be glad you have work & think for at least 5 seconds or more & read what you write.

This is not intended for anyone personally, I just needed the right topic. These are just my thoughts only & I can't be held liable for my actions, I've been building up to this since this morning? I yam what I yam!

[Edited by grassmaster on 09-28-2000 at 01:41 AM]

#8 ·
Gary, I will try to convert my contract into HTML and post it. I have several customers who are lawyers and they all agree a contract is a waste of time for legal enforcement.

Now, saying that, I do use a contract. Mainly for clarification about what I will do, what they should expect, and how I will be paid. If they default on a contract will I actully take them to court? NOPE! Not worth it.

I mowed for Jumbo Sports, had a signed contract. They closed still owing $3500.00, contract, several letters, and nothing. Even for $3500.00 it's not worth the bother.

Ray

#9 ·
Something we use in all of our contracts is an arbitration clause. You can have disputes resolved in a matter of weeks instead of years by avoiding litigation. I remember the first couple of issues we try to resolve through the courts cost about $10,000 for the first one and $18,000 for the second in attorney's fees alone. We have since use arbitration to settle all of our disputes. The last customer who try to get out of paying us hired a lawyer to try and intimidate us found himself in arbitration and 2 weeks matter was resolved costing us about $300.

If you are interested in arbitration you should contact the American Arbitrtion Association. They will send you a booklet.

#10 ·
Thanks for all the replies everyone . I love this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.