Another annoying newbie?

Dogrescuer

LawnSite Member
Hello I enjoy lawncare I have 3+ acres to cut and I currently use a husqvarna 42in ride on ( can't go wider due to shed). My ? is what would be the benefits if any of a homeowner switching to a stand on, for example a 36in grandstand or something like it? I'm open to any opinions, thank you.

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I cut 2 acres with a 52" stand on. Between sitting and standing it's not even a question for me as to which I prefer. I'll never sit again.

I don't know i'd go with a 36" though for cutting over 3 acres unless I didn't mind taking a few hours to do it. I like to be done 1.5 hours or less :) I love to cut grass, but I have limits LOL

OP
D

Dogrescuer

LawnSite Member
I cut 2 acres with a 52" stand on. Between sitting and standing it's not even a question for me as to which I prefer. I'll never sit again.

I don't know i'd go with a 36" though for cutting over 3 acres unless I didn't mind taking a few hours to do it. I like to be done 1.5 hours or less :) I love to cut grass, but I have limits LOL
Thanks but my shed won't allow but 42 max, what's the name of your stand on?

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Is the shed area not just a small part of the 3+ acres? I’d cut that area with maybe a walk mower and get 60” for the rest

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
The benefits will be cutting at least 4 times as fast. If by rider you are not including a ztr. You can also get the stander front under things you can't with a rider or a ztr which also equates to a faster cut. So yeah, speed. Coming from someone that's used a rider (long time ago but did it for years), and currently runs both a ztr and stander. Largest prop we do is just under and acre of turf.