1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER Bermuda in fescue question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craig Turf Management, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I have a property that I picked up late this spring, and it has an infestation of bermuda. The lawn is turf type tall fescue, with about 20% bermuda. I want to spray out the bermuda. I'm thinking of using fusilade II. The question that I have, is would you spray out the bermuda now and have the brown turf until I overseed this property in mid September, or would you spray closer to resseding time? I'm thinking that if I spray now, the bermuda will dry up and decompose and give me a better surface in which to seed TTTF. I know that in the past, seed hasn't done well even in dormant bermuda. This is a non-irrigated property, so I wouldn't think of trying to seed even 20% of the lawn now.

The Fusilade II seems to be a hot mix, a little goes a long way. Do you folks have much turf damage with this product?

Ray Kirby, I hope you are reading this since you are in my back yard. I really respect your opinion on such matters.

Thanks, Bill Craig:blob3:

2. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

I would wait. Depending on the weather, around September, you will be able to round up the turf aerate/seed/fert. and by the time the turf goes brown you'll only have a few days before the new turf is coming up and the customer won't have to look at a dead yard too long.