Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up here in MA, it's been cool and pretty wet for most of the summer. Typically it's much drier and warmer than what we have seen lately. However, knowing the heat and drought are coming eventually, I've been cutting moderate to high for most of the summer. Two weeks a lady comes out and asks why do I cut so high, so I explain. She wants me to cut lower, I advised her against it (pattern change to warmer weather in the forecast), but I eventually agreed. Last week I cut it shorter (moderate height) and of course it clumps quite a bit, I was probably cutting 6" grass due to a decent amount of rain and cheap homeowner fertilizer. It would have been fine if I cut it higher, but, that's not what she told me to do.

This week I get there and she stops me before I even start. She asks me 1) Why did the grass turn brown? (Following the last cut we had no rain and warm temperatures), and 2) Why are there clumps everywhere? I explained that she was the one who said to cut it lower, which caused the clumping and partially caused the browning of the grass.

:hammerhead:

Oh well, told me to go back to how I was doing it. "Obviously you know what you're doing" she told me........... :dizzy: No kidding!!

BTW - Yes I offered her other ways to remedy the problem, but she didn't want to spend any additional money.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
remember who you work for. There should of been no clumps at any height. See the problem cutting fert grass is when you cut it too high, it just lays down then the next day it looks as if you really never been there.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
remember who you work for. There should of been no clumps at any height. See the problem cutting fert grass is when you cut it too high, it just lays down then the next day it looks as if you really never been there.
So your solution is??

Bag it all for free??

I mean if you have an answer I can use, great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.