Another "I will never buy Echo again" thread

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
Got to a trim & mulch job today, whipped out my 3 year old Echo hedge trimmer and pulled, pulled, pulled & pulled. Not even a sputter. Third time past season they refused to start. Tired of messin with the darn thing. Its Shin or Stihl from now on!

Petr51488

LawnSite Silver Member
Go with Stihl. They are the best. I have a Br420C Blower, and it it unbeleviable!

PaulJ

LawnSite Bronze Member
My echo hedge trimmer gets used very little. It will sit for a month , but when I need it It fires right up in 2 or 3 pulls.
Just bought an other echo trimmer. (almost bought shindaws but the echo dealer is closer and I had a credit there from something9ing else)
NO complaints with echo after running them for a few years now.

Teff's Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Member
Sthihl is a great choice, great equipment, parts availability, and customer service for there products. We have used echo good equipment but was always touchy starting.

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
Never had a problem with my Echo stuff, 16 years now. Maybe cause I run a lean mixture of Amzoil?

BobR

LawnSite Senior Member
Have you done the obvious - fresh gas, new plug and clean the air filter ?? Are you getting 'spark' at the plug ?? You indicated your machine is 3 years old, mine was about that when it would no longer run over an idle and started real hard problem was a plugged 'spark arrestor' in the muffler, a friend suggested tossing the arrestor (did it) and haven't had a problem since, in fact it runs better than new.

BobR

Top Forums