1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Another ID question...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by procut, May 27, 2007.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Dear Experts...

Ok, this is a tough one, as I don't have a pic. I will describe it the best I can, but I'm skeptical as the people at the greenhouse had no idea what I was talking about.

I thought it was a variety of hosta, but I think thats been ruled out. This time of year it is a small dense green mound. Later in the summe/fall it has flowers that grow straight up that are a marroon/dark red in color. Any ideas?

I know of place where a few are planted, so tomorrow I'll try to drive by and snap a picture quick and post it.

2. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

Procut,

Not trying to be a jerk but the reason no one has replied IMO is that, that was a poor "I will describe it the best I can." A pic would be wonderful. But if not give us some other things besides a green mound and red flowers. Leaf shape/size, overall plant size, light green/dark green/silvery green leaf color, herbaceous or woody, describe the flowers a little if you can to, and any other distinguishing characteristics. I will try to help you out but we need a little more info.

Matt

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the desciption was terrible, but I thought I'd give it try thinking someone might read it and say "yeah, I know what it is"

I'm actually a little embarressed, as it hit me this morning that it is a type of mum. DUH!!!! Just kind of blanked out I guess.

4. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

Glad it got worked out, everyone has a brain fart sometimes.