• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Another Insurance Question

mowerman48

LawnSite Member
Hey Guys,
I've been mowing mostly residential for about five years. Next year I'll be bidding for a couple of townhouse complexes. Currently I don't have any insurance other than on my trucks. I do have plowing coverage on one truck. I live in Minnesota. Do most policies cover equipment and vehicles and general liability. Whats a good liability amount and what are some good insurance companies.

Thanks a lot for the help, Happy Holidays.

HOOLIE

LawnSite Gold Member
I have $1 million general liability insurance (covers myself and one employee), as well as coverage for the equipment. That would most likely be what you need at this point. I have mine thru Erie Ins.

Some commercial clients might require more than a million in liability...

Make sure your equipment is sufficiently insured...in the event of a complete theft, you want to make sure you're getting enough money to purchase new equipment on short notice. I have heard of a few guys whose policies only paid out the "current value" of the equipment. Good luck finding good used equipment on short notice...