Another New Walker Mod: Lights!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Blainethompson, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

Tracer have you ever had a walker?

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

When cleaning up leaves with a Walker, it helps to have a drive-on leaf/landscape trailer. I would back on, have a helper dump the collector, then head back for another load. It took maybe 2 minutes extra to dump each load. The helper kept the leaves shoveled to the nose of the trailer. That way, we could load for about half a day with the leaves nicely packed. I remember one time we had 4200# of leaves on one trailer load.
    Nobody in our city of 100,000, could clean up a leaf covered yard as efficiently as I could.
    I also used the Walker for spring cleanups, usually only the first mow of a property. Once we were done collecting, we switched all the Walkers over to mulching decks and mowed that way until fall cleanups started. The Walkers did a beautiful mulching job on the St. Augustine and Bermuda lawns we mowed. We could not really get stripes here in north Texas, but the lawns all looked great each and every time.
    Yes, the Walkers are slower than many other brands, and, we did not use them at all on lawns over 1 acre in size, as the 42" and 48" decks were not cost effective on bigger lawns. But, for small to medium yards, the Walker allowed us to do away with 21" mowers and 36" walk behinds. Nothing on the trailers except a Walker and a 60" or 72" Grasshopper.
    I think Walker has some faster mowers now, and some higher HP engines and big decks.

Cam15, Walker56 and hort101 like this.
  3. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a walkers going on my wish list! I do a lot of leaf clean up. Right now im using a Cyclone rake and I like it ok but it's a lot of work and still leaves some behind.