Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although this particular fire was started by lightning one closer to our house was started by a discarded cigarette. It burned up 2200 acres.
This fire is a few miles away from us but has consumed in excess of 50,000 acres and is still growing stronger. Over 20,000 people have been evacuated out of a city of 100,000. Smokers can now fill their lungs for free. We have hardly seen the sun here for some time now. Blue sky?? Sure would like to see some.
http://www.silk.fm/silk/firewatch/

· Registered
1,627 Posts
People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine. Who the he// do they think they are. :angry:

· Registered
2,848 Posts
Originally posted by dfor
People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine. Who the he// do they think they are. :angry:
That would be A LOT of grenades:D

· Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This mornings news reports that unofficially 300 homes have been lost and 30,000 people have been evacuated. Pictures on the news show a much calmer scene with very little wind as compared to last night.

· Banned
726 Posts
dfor stated: “People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine.”

You said that as if quite a few smokers litter. Well that’s absolutely WRONG. Because they ALL do it. Smokers are the worst litter’s of all. As hard as it is to believe, they’re even worse than hick beer drinkers. Butts, empty packages, used lighters, etc. Then there’s the low-life’s that don’t throw their butts out, they just keep cramming them in the car’s ash tray until they’re packed tighter than a cheap-man’s wallet. Then they pull up to a convenience-store (obviously to get another nicotine fix), and dump the whole tray in the parking lot.

Every spring, actually late winter, before the grass starts growing, there’ll be wildfires that consume untold acres. Virtually every one of those fires starts by a road and spreads with the wind. But talk to a cigarette smoker, and they’ll tell you it was lightening, cars backfiring, people dragging chains, blah, blah, blah. ANYTHING but cigarette butts.

Outlawing cigarettes or excessively taxing them is wrong. I hate cigarettes, but people have the right do as they wish as long as they don’t infringe on others rights. You know, like the right to breath clean air. I know that’s too complicated for some of you to grasp.

· Registered
6,876 Posts
Originally posted by Bluesteel
dfor stated: “People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine.”

You said that as if quite a few smokers litter. Well that’s absolutely WRONG. Because they ALL do it. Smokers are the worst litter’s of all. As hard as it is to believe, they’re even worse than hick beer drinkers. Butts, empty packages, used lighters, etc. Then there’s the low-life’s that don’t throw their butts out, they just keep cramming them in the car’s ash tray until they’re packed tighter than a cheap-man’s wallet. Then they pull up to a convenience-store (obviously to get another nicotine fix), and dump the whole tray in the parking lot.

Every spring, actually late winter, before the grass starts growing, there’ll be wildfires that consume untold acres. Virtually every one of those fires starts by a road and spreads with the wind. But talk to a cigarette smoker, and they’ll tell you it was lightening, cars backfiring, people dragging chains, blah, blah, blah. ANYTHING but cigarette butts.

Outlawing cigarettes or excessively taxing them is wrong. I hate cigarettes, but people have the right do as they wish as long as they don’t infringe on others rights. You know, like the right to breath clean air. I know that’s too complicated for some of you to grasp.
Just like all mexicans are illegal, all blacks are bad, and now all smokers litter, get real.......

· Registered
234 Posts
LawnGodFather I have to agree with you not all smokers litter. I am an ex-smoker and I was very careful were I left my butts. One bad smoker dropping his butts all over dosen't make them all bad.

· Banned
4,409 Posts
Rarely a day passes where I don't see a smoker toss a butt out on the ground from a car or just while walking. Maybe God knows what he's doing when it comes to lung cancer.

· Registered
203 Posts
I smoke on an occsion and yes I am guilty of dropping the buts on the gound but I have pretty much quit now. Are cigarette buds biodegradable haha they should be.

· Banned
726 Posts
Pfffft. What are you talking about?

You stated: “…all mexicans are illegal, all blacks are bad …”

I don’t care for an explanation. NOTHING could justify that lunacy. The only thing that needs explaining is why Sean isn’t jumping all over you for making such a ridiculous statement, as he would if someone else had said something like that. But that’s ok too. He can be as duplicitous as he wishes; it’s his website. :rolleyes:

You’re right about one thing though. It was night. But no, I wasn’t born last night. No smoker 200 feet from his truck is going to finish his cigarette, walk or ride back to his truck and stick his butt in the ashtray. It’s going to get tossed out wherever. A.K.A. littering.

As far as telling me to not make generalized statements (or any other kind of statement for that matter); don’t ‘cha think you’re taking this whole “Godfather” thing just a little bit too seriously? Isn’t that just a logo by your name? Or can I expect to find a horse-head (or a 17hp engine) in my bed? :p :rolleyes:

· Banned
1,799 Posts
BLUESTEEL...DUH..........................don't you understand that LGF was being facetious!?! He was sarcastically trying to make a point that generalizations are just that. GENERALIZATIONS ARE JUST AN OPINION. He is not saying that all black people are bad, nor all Mexicans are illegal....Your response is one of unbelievable ignorance and well, just plain, "DUH."

Didn't you understand that from reading, "get real" and Arnold's statement.

All smokers litter is like saying that all lawn care people are intellectually challenged and cannot comprehend the subtleties of the English language....well, now wait a minute...

PS -- BTW, I do not smoke and am not defending the right to smoke.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I was cutting at a very large comm. site Friday I was smoking in the area for this. one of the emp. come out and says you don't need to smoke my reply i don't drink and been married faithfully to my wife for 34 years i think i need some kind of vice.

· Banned
726 Posts
Why mower_babe, I didn’t think you cared. Thanks for all the attention, but sorry, I’m spoken for (insert martini music here). I’ll be sure and let you know if anything changes. LOL

Don’t worry, I won’t turn you in to Sean for “bashing” me. Being a man, I can take criticism. Maybe that’s what draws so much of your attention.

Here’s a question for ya that I got from another member: If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Got nuth’n but luv for ya. And you know I mean that. LOL

BTW, good to see you know how to spell “facetious.” Now if you could only learn to recognize it. :rolleyes:

· Banned
1,799 Posts
Blue - Yet, another reason why children should not be allowed to use the computer---unsupervised. *sigh*:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.