Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Boy Maverick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else...

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

Cyrus6161984

LawnSite Member
Spartan yanked me around here. This financing was a joke. John Deere 10 minutes I was financed. 0 down 0 percent 5 years. I filled out credit applications with spartan. They sit on it 4 days I had to call them . There is this hidden dealer fee. Even if I went through my credit union..... WHAT? Then they tell me your financed we will call you back and never did until days later. Finally I called them and told them forget it. They call the next day saying they were just busy and they had a lot of customers. I’m a customer. now we are 6 days into it. On the advice of this forum I turn to John Deere. Which I just paid my tractor off from them. 10 minutes I’m in a z930m with a service manual. 8377.00 plus tax. 2019 model. Spartan was 2018 srt-had priced at 8300 plus the hidden dealer cost(7.5 percent) plus tax. Spartan calls and tells me they are ready after 6 days. I decline and tell them I’ve got another zero turn. Two weeks later I get letter in the mail saying I was declined for credit. Really with my score and low percentage used. I found it to be very spiteful because I didn’t rush down there and kiss there a@@ for it. Another dealer couldn’t get there numbers straight. Every time I talk to them it was a different price and different dealer fee percent. I believe the mowers are good but these dealerships are the worst. I’m spoiled by John Deere and Kubota. Imagine if I bought the spartan and had a warranty issue. Again I l say the company(spartan) believe is a good company, it’s just these dealers.
I don't think Spartan had anything to do with your issues? Sounds more like shitty ass dealers!

GSO LAWNEN4CER

LawnSite Senior Member
Only if they would use the 4400 drives. The smaller axles/bearings/seals in the 3400 have been prone to leak and wear.
IMO the 3400’s are bullet proof drives. Exmark has put together a great package for the money. Using bigger drives would increase price,and where’s your evidence that the 3400’s are prone leaks? I’ve seen smaller drives last well into the 3000 hr range. For you to claim the 3400’s all are prone to leakage is bologna.

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
IMO the 3400’s are bullet proof drives. Exmark has put together a great package for the money. Using bigger drives would increase price,and where’s your evidence that the 3400’s are prone leaks? I’ve seen smaller drives last well into the 3000 hr range. For you to claim the 3400’s all are prone to leakage is bologna.

So the ZT3400's that have have came in my shop with a bunch of axle end play and oil running off the wheel really weren't leaking? Wow! Where was that oil coming from then? Maybe the tire itself? ZT3400 and smaller, and pretty much anything Tuff Torq has had problems with the axle seals when they are used in hard commercial applications. Yes, there are high hour units out there, but the failure rate of these "transaxles" are much higher than that of pump/wheel motor set-ups, especially when used hard.

Anytime you want to call me out you can come down to my garage in Granite Falls NC and see what I am working on. If I hadn't been seeing it myself, I wouldn't say so.

Here's a quick cell phone video I made of a Tuff Torq leaking on a JD, BTW. I know this is not a ZT3400, but soon as another comes in I will get you a video of it too...

GSO LAWNEN4CER

LawnSite Senior Member
So the ZT3400's that have have came in my shop with a bunch of axle end play and oil running off the wheel really weren't leaking? Wow! Where was that oil coming from then? Maybe the tire itself? ZT3400 and smaller, and pretty much anything Tuff Torq has had problems with the axle seals when they are used in hard commercial applications. Yes, there are high hour units out there, but the failure rate of these "transaxles" are much higher than that of pump/wheel motor set-ups, especially when used hard.

Anytime you want to call me out you can come down to my garage in Granite Falls NC and see what I am working on. If I hadn't been seeing it myself, I wouldn't say so.

Here's a quick cell phone video I made of a Tuff Torq leaking on a JD, BTW. I know this is not a ZT3400, but soon as another comes in I will get you a video of it too...
If the vid isn’t a 3400 then your post is moot. And how many of the so called leaking 3400’s were abused? You can destroy anything if you abused and beat on it enough. Your statement was a blanket statement and it’s just not true. If the 3400’s were what you say they are. No manufacturer would use them. None.

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
If the vid isn’t a 3400 then your post is moot. And how many of the so called leaking 3400’s were abused? You can destroy anything if you abused and beat on it enough. Your statement was a blanket statement and it’s just not true. If the 3400’s were what you say they are. No manufacturer would use them. None.

Whatever

aaron580

LawnSite Member
I can say that in my shop, the 3400 has been basically bulletproof thus far. The only leaks I really ever see on hydrogear is periodically a 3100 charge pump o ring, but that would be about it. And then sometimes when a customer doesn't tighten down an oil filter.... but at the end of the day, anything could have an issue. Just like Kohler confidants. I have no issues, guys in the south say they have a bunch. Who knows.

Is the video above a Z8 or Z9 series?

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
I can say that in my shop, the 3400 has been basically bulletproof thus far. The only leaks I really ever see on hydrogear is periodically a 3100 charge pump o ring, but that would be about it. And then sometimes when a customer doesn't tighten down an oil filter.... but at the end of the day, anything could have an issue. Just like Kohler confidants. I have no issues, guys in the south say they have a bunch. Who knows.

Is the video above a Z8 or Z9 series?

Z930M.

Top Forums