1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

answer system with voicemail?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JML, Jun 2, 2003.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Your local phone company usually has great answering systems that do exactly what that may do and more.

3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Software program - TalkworksPro 3

Here is how my system is set up:

Phone rings twice-

Answering machine picks up and says "Thank you for calling Southern Lawn Care", then offers four choices-

1- "To have your call forwarded to Steve, press 1"
    (If they press 1, a message comes on and says; "please wait while your call is transferred". They are put on hold and my computer calls my cell phone, when I answer my computer tells me that I have a call and press 1 to accept it. When I press one, the computer joins me with the caller and says; "call transfered"
    This works great! You do need 3-way calling.

2- "To leave a message press 2"

3- "To send a fax press 3"

4- "To hear company information, and get our web address, press 4"

I don't really need "3" because my computer listens for fax tones when it answers, but what the heck.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

http://talkingcallerid.com/
    I use talking caller id you can have different messages for different people and block numbers you dont want getting through

5. The Green Way

The Green Way Banned

I use two things. The phone company voice mail and then call forwarding if I am out of the office and I can be reached with the cell.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My phone number is a stand alone voice mail. It doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to vm. I can call and get the messages, as I do several times a day, and leave whatever messages to the customer I want. I don't have to worry about answering a phone, or taking every call. And I can ignore the messages I don't want to hear from. Has worked fine for 7 years.

:D